#1 Kitchen Remodeling Company Cleveland – Cleveland Area General Contractors
A custom kitchen remodel is undoubtedly the most exciting and rewarding investment you can make when it comes to your home. It is important to understand, though, that deciding to update or remodel your kitchen isn’t just a financial investment–it will demand a considerable amount of your time and lots of decision-making, not to mention the inconvenience of the actual remodel. We get it. In fact, that’s ultimately what sets us apart from the others–the ability to execute complete kitchen remodels with maximum efficiency in order to minimize the time our customers spend making selections and living without a functioning kitchen. On average, customers that choose JM Design Build for a complete kitchen makeover can expect to be without a working kitchen for up to 5 weeks, and that we’ll do whatever is necessary to accommodate you during this process.
Kitchen Remodeling Cleveland Area – What Exactly Do I Need To Know About Cabinets?
Kitchen remodeling essentially revolves around the cabinet layout and purchase, so this is, in fact, the most important element of the project. Additionally, because cabinets are virtually all made to order, lead times are a bit long–usually taking anywhere between 3-6 weeks to arrive on site once an order is placed. At JM Design Build, our customers have the advantage of working with our team of in-house kitchen designers to hammer out the details of their new kitchen layout which can save a lot of time. These details include decisions such as the exact color, door style, and wood species of their cabinets. Once these decisions are finalized the cabinets are ordered. Boom. Next?
The next key element of your kitchen remodel is the selection of counter-tops, typically granite. Our interior designers will work with you to choose the absolute best countertop for your needs, style, and budget. This is typically done after your cabinets are ordered because there is not as significant of a lead time. In fact, counter-tops typically need to be measured on-site after the cabinets are installed, a process known as “templating.” We coordinate the template date to follow immediately after the cabinets are installed.
JM Design Build Kitchen Remodeling Process – Kitchen Remodel Contractors Cleveland
Depending on the complexity of the job, we like to begin demolition approximately 1-2 weeks before the arrival date of the cabinets. The demo date is important because we want to make sure when the cabinets arrive we are ready to install them, thus eliminating any downtime. This gives our professional kitchen installers enough time to demo, relocate or update mechanicals, and to install new drywall.
Cabinets are then installed. The Granite or other countertop templating has already been scheduled so the supplier can come out immediately to get a final measure for the countertops. Typically, there is a 1-2 week turnaround time between counter-top templating and the actual installation of the countertops. During this time, our installers will wrap up loose ends such as installing flooring, trim, crown moulding, etc…
Once the countertops are installed you can be sure you are very close to your new kitchen (hang in there!). At this point, no matter where they are at in other phases of the job, our kitchen installers are trained to drop everything and hook up your sink, disposer, dishwasher, and appliances immediately in order to get your kitchen functioning again and minimize any inconvenience. After your kitchen is completely functional, they will resume until the final punch list is complete, which includes items such as backsplash, paint, finish trim, etc… and we get out of your way so you can sit back and enjoy your beautiful new kitchen. Congratulations, you made it!
JM Design Build upgrades kitchens and more for the following communities around Cleveland: Barberton, Medina, Bath, Broadview Heights, North Royalton, Solon, Strongsville, Brecksville, Twinsburg, Hudson, Independence, Bainbridge, Richfield, Copley, Sagamore Hills, Macedonia and more.
Like what you hear? Get your free, 30-min complimentary kitchen remodeling design consultation and estimate today!
KITCHEN REMODELING CLEVELAND AREA – GENERAL AND REMODELING CONTRACTORS BAINBRIDGE, OH 44023
KITCHEN REMODEL OVERVIEW-REMODELING CONTRACTOR BAINBRIDGGE, OH
What began as a relatively normal kitchen in Bainbridge, OH, on Cleveland’s eastside was quickly transformed into a work of art boasting all the bell’s and whistles one could expect after being renovated by JM Design Build’s crew of excellent kitchen remodeling contractors in Cleveland. The first major step was to remove the entire wall separating the kitchen/dining area with the living room and to construct an archway with custom pillars on top of paneled bases. This opened up an already large space to give it even more of a grand look and feel.
The abundance of space also allowed us to put in an impressively large kitchen island—perfect for entertaining and to be utilized when cooking for large parties. As well, wall spaces were maximized with additional kitchen cabinets—we included 2 separate cabinet stations—and everything is well lit as there is both under- and above- cabinetry lighting. This customer truly received their dream kitchen, and undoubtedly now loves where they live again–the ultimate goal of JM Design Build!
KITCHEN REMODELING PRODUCTS AND SELECTIONS
The customer worked with the kitchen designers to select the important finish products that give the kitchen the look and feel they were looking for. In particular, the cabinetry selected is a Maple Kraftmaid Cabinet with a Brookfield door style and a Mushroom cabinet color finish. In addition to the finish carpentry–including corbels, crown molding, furniture base around the island, and subway tile backsplashes, the other big selections were the appliances. The appliances selected add to the overall functionality of the kitchen as they are located strategically to create an efficient workspace. The kitchen appliance selections are as follows:
- Microwave in the kitchen island: 24″ Sharp “Easy Open” Microwave
- Electric Cooktop: Jenn-Air 36″ Induction Cooktop
- Cooktop Range Hood: Ventahood BHSLD · Standard Wall Mount Liner (The standard ventilation of the BHSLD model is intended for use over standard cooking equipment.)
- Double Wall Oven: Jenn-air 27″ built-in electric double wall oven
- Dishwasher: This Jenn-Air TriFecta™ fully integrated dishwasher can hold up to 15 place settings
- Wine Cellar: Jenn-Air 24in Under Counter Wine Cellar
Once all of the critical kitchen remodeling selections were made and the design had been finalized, we were able to begin the kitchen remodeling process. The following is a description of the work completed at this kitchen remodel in Cleveland – Bainbridge:
The first phase of this kitchen remodel in Bainbridge, OH was to completely gut it. In order for the actual kitchen design idea to come to fruition, we needed as close to a blank canvas as possible. The kitchen remodeling demolition process consisted of the following items:
- Removed appliances
- Removed sink, faucet, disposal, dishwasher, insta-hot and water purifier
- Removed countertops and splashes
- Removed cabinets
- Removed soffits
- Removed pantry wall and door
- Removed book cases in family room
- Removed section of wall between dinette and family room
- Removed debris from job site
The next step was to rough in all of the new and updated electrical to bring this complete kitchen makeover up to code. The kitchen designers worked with the customer to determine exactly how much lighting was necessary to give them the look and feel they were going for prior to the installation commencing, so our expert team of kitchen remodelers were able to get to work right away. The rough electrical work went as follows:
- Eliminated warming drawer
- Removed lighting in soffit
- Eliminated intercom system
- Relocated the kitchen microwave circuit to island
- Relocated refrigerator circuit to new location
- Relocated electrical feed to new double oven location
- Ran electrical feed for new kitchen hood vent
- Installed 3 fixture boxes on single pole switch above island
- Installed light fixtures above kitchen island (lights supplied by homeowner)
- Installed additional six 6″ recessed lights on new switch
- Installed switched receptacle for interior cabinet lights
- Installed under cabinet lighting
- Installed switched receptacle for interior kitchen cabinet lights
- Installed interior cabinet lighting
- Relocated switches, receptacles and counter receptacles as necessary for new cabinet floor plan
- Installed receptacle for beverage center
- Relocated fixture box for dinette light Hun dinette light (supplied by homeowner)
- Relocated phone jack
- Relocated switches and receptacles on section of wall being removed between kitchen and family room
The plumbing improvements for this kitchen design in Bainbridge were minimal yet very impactful. It can be cost-effective to minimize plumbing work when designing and remodeling a kitchen; however, it is important to make sure you still get a kitchen design you will love. In this case, the plumbing work required was as follows:
- Relocated water line for new refrigerator location
- Installed new shut-off valves, supply lines and drain line to faucet, sink, disposal and dishwasher
- Installed faucet, disposal, dishwasher and water purifier
FRAMING AND DRYWALL
Now for the fun part! This is when all of the Bainbridge kitchen remodel design ideas began to take shape and come to life. However, don’t be fooled–the drywall process can also be the most frustrating point because it takes a bit of time and can be a little messy. The customers of this particular kitchen renovation in Bainbridge were a pleasure to work with and understood it’s just part of the process. We also were very conscious of the dust and took extra care in cleaning and minimizing it as we could.
- Rebuilt new soffits above kitchen cabinetry
- Rebuilt wall between kitchen and family room to create arch and accommodate new pedestals and columns
- Repaired walls and ceilings where damaged by demolition and electrical work
- Taped, finished and sanded all new drywall work
- Finished ceilings with smooth finish
- Primed all new drywall work
KITCHEN CABINETRY / TRIM WORK
At this point, we can actually begin installing the kitchen cabinetry and completing the finish trim and carpentry work. The kitchen cabinets had been ordered from the showroom a few weeks prior to the demo beginning; this is done to make sure they are onsite or at least in our possession so that there aren’t any holdups once we are ready to install the kitchen cabinets. Kitchen renovating can be intrusive (it’s not a basement Remodel where we aren’t in your way, we are in the main area of your home!) and it is also difficult to go for long periods of time without having a functioning kitchen.
Accordingly, our job here at JM Design Build is to streamline the entire kitchen remodel process in order to get your kitchen back in working order as soon as possible. The kitchen cabinetry and finish trim work needed to complete this kitchen remodel in Bainbridge consisted of the following elements:
- Installed kitchen cabinets and cabinet trim moldings
- Installed archway, casing, pedestal, and columns between kitchen and family room
- Installed base molding necessary in kitchen and dinette
- Installed crown molding in kitchen and dinette where necessary
The HVAC for this particular kitchen rehab was minimal and didn’t take a whole lot of time or excessive work. Essentially we just needed to make a few tweaks to complete the kitchen design the Bainbridge homeowners had decided on:
- Ran ducting to outside with vent cap for Kitchen vent hood
- Ran heat out of the space of sink base cabinets
At this stage of the kitchen remodeling process, we are ready to begin painting. The homeowners wanted to blend in the beautiful white cabinetry with complementary colors.
- Painted ceiling of dinette and kitchen one coat (white)
- Paint walls of kitchen and dinette two coats (homeowner’s choice of color)
- Painted trim moldings (paint supplied by homeowner)
As is in the case of this kitchen renovation, the tile backsplash really brings everything together. There is some subtle detail in the tile backsplash that accentuates the granite and kitchen cabinets–kitchen designers did a great job with the kitchen remodel design, and our tile contractors did excellent installation work!
- Installed subway tile backsplash in kitchen
- Grouted all tile work
At this point, it is essentially a matter of putting the final pieces of the kitchen remodel puzzle together–particularly the new kitchen appliances. These were also ordered from the kitchen and bath showroom in Cleveland waiting onsite so it didn’t take much to get them hooked up and in working order:
- Installed kitchen vent hood, microwave drawer, cooktop, double oven and refrigerator
The homeowner decided to refinish the existing wood floors in the kitchen which came out beautifully! While installing tile floors in the kitchen can provide a very clean look, wood flooring is also a great option and, in this case, helped to keep costs down so the homeowner’s budget could be allocated toward other elements and upgrades of the kitchen remodel. In terms of the flooring, the following items were completed:
- Weaved in new flooring where the kitchen island cabinets were removed
- Installed new stair nosing into family room
- Sanded and refurnished floor in dinette, kitchen and hallway
There were just a few touch-ups needed to complete the work in the family room, and at this point the customer had a completely brand new and functioning kitchen remodel:
- Repaired walls and ceiling
- Painted walls two coats and one color
- Caulked and painted base and crown molding one coat and one color
Ah, permits–Almost forgot to mention! The kitchen design was approved and permits for the kitchen remodel were issued prior to work commencing by the city of Bainbridge / Geauga County building department.
- Supplied general construction, electrical and plumbing permits
- Scheduled and completed inspections as needed for permits
Kitchen Remodel Broadview Heights
This kitchen makeover was part of a home addition we were contracted for which we designed completely in-house. This kitchen remodel features a built-in wine rack and wet bar area using the same Cardell Sussex standard overlay cabinets in cherry merlot that were used throughout the remainder of the kitchen, including the new kitchen island. The kitchen cabinetry also features plywood sides, crown mould, and Dovetail hard wood drawers with fully extended under-mount glides which optimizes the overall look and functionality of the kitchen.
Here we have a rather exquisite (too much?) kitchen remodel in Broadview Heights that we would like to share with you. This kitchen makeover was part of a home addition we were contracted for which came out quite nicely. The family first contacted JM Design Build to set up a consultation with our interior designer because they needed more livable space to accommodate their mother who was moving in.
Through our initial consultation with the family our kitchen designers discovered that the client needed more space to prepare meals, but also wanted to provide an area for socializing when entertaining friends and family. Thus, the best part of this kitchen remodel was the new layout we were able to create because of the additional space we picked up from the in-law suite addition.
Broadview Hts Kitchen Remodel – Products, Solutions and Selections
The new floor-plan now boasts a variety of function-enhancing features and work-spaces For instance, the homeowners are particularly happy with their new kitchen island with a built-in cooktop and a 36″ Broan hood liner range hood that vents outside via a 600cfm exterior blower.
In addition, our Cleveland kitchen contractors also installed a built-in wine rack and wet bar area using the same Cardell Sussex standard overlay cabinets in cherry merlot that were used throughout the remainder of the kitchen, including the new kitchen island. The kitchen cabinetry also features plywood sides, crown mould, and Dovetail hard wood drawers with fully extended under-mount glides which optimizes the overall look and functionality of the kitchen. What’s more, all the new kitchen cabinets are covered with the same Chestnut granite countertops with 1/4 round edge which was templated and installed to contain a Delta Single Handle Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet with Touch2O® Technology and Soap Dispenser which the family loves.
Lastly, our flooring contractors installed the Tigerwood prefinished hardwood flooring (purchased from North Coast Hardwood Floor Center in Brecksville, OH) throughout the entire kitchen area, while our tile setters installed the limestone backsplash and mosaic tile feature strip.
Kitchen Remodeling Broadview Heights, OH 44147 – Home Remodeling Cleveland
Today we are excited to share with you a recently completed kitchen remodel in Broadview Hts. As you can tell from the before and after photos above, although the overall kitchen design didn’t change drastically, it was indeed improved upon significantly. For instance, the extended and newly shaped kitchen island now provides additional room for seating, cherry wood cabinets in a chocolate stain, and rollout drawers with dividers for storing knives and other various cutlery utensils.
Additionally, the new granite countertop and maple wood cabinetry with a canvas paint color not only gives the kitchen a beautiful two-toned cabinetry look, but now extend all the way to edge of the wall–picking up a significant amount of counter space and extra cabinet storage. Finally, the pendant lighting above the kitchen island, the vent hood above the cooking range, and the tile backsplash all work together beautifully and add a distinct new kitchen design to the Broadview Heights home.
If you’re interested in learning the step by process of this Broadview Hts Kitchen Design and Remodel, we have outlined the project for you below. However, if you’d simply like to learn more about our Cleveland remodeling services or to set up your complimentary design consultation, contact us here.
Kitchen Designs and Remodeling Broadview Hts – Scope of Work
KITCHEN ELECTRICAL WORK
The first step to this Cleveland area kitchen makeover was to demo the existing electric that was to be updated per the new kitchen design that was accepted by the customer. Our demo team and electrical contractors were responsible for completing the following tasks:
- REMOVE RECESSED LIGHTS IN SOFFIT
- RE-LOCATE CIRCUIT AND RECEPTACLE FOR NEW MICROWAVE LOCATION
- RUN NEW CIRCUIT FOR NEW DOUBLE OVEN
- MOVE RECEPTACLE FOR REFRIGERATOR
- MOVE COUNTER RECEPTACLE AT EXISTING DESK AREA
- RE-INSTALL RECEPTACLE IN ISLAND
- INSTALL SWITCH AND RECEPTACLE FOR UNDER CABINET LIGHTING (KITCHEN CABINETS)
- INSTALL UNDER CABINET LIGHTS
- INSTALL SWITCH AND RECEPTACLE FOR UNDER CABINET AND INTERIOR CABINET LIGHTS (HUTCH AREA)
- INSTALL UNDER AND INTERIOR CABINET LIGHTS
- INSTALL THREE FIXTURE BOXES ABOVE ISLAND USING EXISTING 3 WAY SWITCH
- INSTALL LIGHT FIXTURES ABOVE ISLAND (LIGHTS SUPPLIED BY CUSTOMER)
- INSTALL TWO 4” RECESSED LIGHTS ABOVE SINK USING EXISTING SWITCH
- RUN NEW CIRCUIT AND INSTALL SEVEN 6” RECESSED LIGHTS ON NEW SINGLE POLE SWITCH IN KITCHEN AREA
- RUN ELECTRICAL FEED FOR NEW VENT HOOD
Once the electrical work was completed, we were able to schedule our kitchen plumbing team to be at the kitchen remodel project to begin working on their portion of the makeover.
- RELOCATE GAS LINE TO ACCOMMODATE COOK TOP AND DRAWERS BELOW COOK TOP
- INSTALL NEW SHUT-OFF VALVES SUPPLY LINES AND DRAIN LINES FOR KITCHEN SINK, FAUCET, DISPOSAL, DISHWASHER AND POWDER ROOM VANITY
- INSTALL FAUCET, DISPOSAL, DISHWASHER
- INSTALL POWDER ROOM VANITY FAUCET AND DRAIN
- R & R POWDER ROOM TOILET
There was very minimal heating, ventilation, and air conditioning work that needed to be completed per the new kitchen design in Broadview Hts.
- INSTALL DUCTING TO OUTSIDE WALL WITH WALL CAP
Once the mechanicals were complete, we were able to send our drywallers to the work site to complete the necessary repairs that resulted from the electrical, plumbing, and HVAC improvements and updates. The necessary drywall work was as follows:
- PATCH, REPAIR OR REPLACE WALL BOARD ON WALLS AND CEILING AFFECTED BY DEMOLITION AND ELECTRICAL WORK
- TAPE, FINISH AND SAND ALL NEW DRYWALL WORK
- TEXTURE CEILING TO MATCH AS CLOSE AS POSSIBLE
- PRIMER NEW DRYWALL WORK
As a caveat, the drywall is typically the messiest and most cumbersome part of a kitchen remodel project. It’s dusty, it takes a while, and it doesn’t seem like much gets done. But, we made it through and kept the customer as happy as can be. Now it was time for the fun stuff. By the time the drywall work was complete, we had the new, two-tone kitchen cabinets at the kitchen remodel residence. As you can see from the pictures, the new layout created by our kitchen designers in Cleveland features very sharp, practical, and distinct new kitchen cabinetry. All we needed to do is install the cabinets as defined by the new kitchen layout:
- INSTALL CABINETRY ACCORDING TO FLOOR PLAN
- INSTALL CABINET ACCESSORIES, PANELS, TRIM MOLDINGS AND HARDWARE
- RE-INSTALL BASE MOLDING
- INSTALL POWDER ROOM VANITY CABINET
Once the cabinets were in, we were able to coordinate the new granite countertop installation perfectly so we didn’t have any downtime. We like to emphasize this coordination during our kitchen remodel process because we like to get our customer’s new kitchens back up and running as quickly as possible. So, now that the cabinets and countertops were installed, we could begin installing the tile backsplash. The customer’s selected a great tile that really brings all the other kitchen elements together!
- INSTALL AND GROUT 3X6 SUBWAY TILE AND PATTERN
The last step to this kitchen remodeling in Cleveland project was to hook up the appliances. The customer now had a gorgeous, fully functional new kitchen design!
- INSTALL RANGE TOP, DOUBLE OVEN, MICROWAVE, REFRIGERATOR AND VENT HOOD (CONNECT TO DUCTING)
Kitchen Remodel Twinsburg
Recently completed kitchen remodel in Twinsburg we designed and renovated. The countertop is a Santa Cecelia Light Granite with a standard 1/4 pencil round edge. Our new kitchen design also suggested a corner on the left end to pick up some more counter space which adds a really unique yet subtle look to the space. The shaker beech coffee colored cabinets complement the granite, while the sandlewood monterey amalfi backsplash with a tuscany biella with glass feature strip brings it all together.
JM Design Build’s kitchen designers in Twinsburg, OH took a somewhat modern floorplan and transformed it into a completely customized and functional kitchen layout suitable for the homeowners. The project required a bit of rearranging and restructuring during the remodel, but the end result is a great kitchen design the growing family can enjoy.
PRODUCTS, SOLUTIONS, AND SELECTIONS
The home was built in the early 2000’s, so while much of the house is updated and in good shape, the homeowner’s were expecting their third child and needed more space to prepare and enjoy meals with their family. To acquire this extra space, our astute kitchen designers in Cleveland presented a plan to bump out a portion of their exterior wall (in the far right corner) while also removing some of the decorative posts in between the kitchen and the family room. This would allow enough space to add a built-in cabinet around the refrigerator and a built-in pantry while still maintaining enough space for a kitchen table to enjoy meals.
The homeowners were impressed with the design and our competitive pricing so they decided to move forward with the renovation. The next step was to pick out cabinets, counter-tops, tile, and a back-splash While we assisted with the selections, the homeowners did a great job choosing some really nice looking products. The countertop is a Santa Cecelia Light Granite with a standard 1/4 pencil round edge. Our new kitchen design also suggested a corner on the left end to pick up some more counter space which adds a really unique yet subtle look to the space. The shaker beech coffee-colored cabinets complement the granite, while the sandalwood monterey amalfi backsplash with a Tuscany biella with glass feature strip brings it all together.
This is a very basic outline of the tasks involved in this kitchen remodeling Twinsburg project:
- Demo existing kitchen and remove all existing cabinets, pantry area and soffits
- Rework electrical and plumbing to service new kitchen including under-counter lighting and 8 recess lights
- Install new cabinets with standard overlay (owner’s choice of stain), wastebasket, bottom rollouts, crown molding, and base trim according to new layout (as approved by homeowner)
- Install new level 3 granite counter-tops and tile backsplash
- Install new plumbing fixtures (homeowner to provide appliances; JM to install)
- Rework wall detail as needed to match existing
- Install new flooring
KITCHEN REMODELING CONTRACTORS BROOKLYN HTS.
This small kitchen remodel in Cleveland‘s Brooklyn Heights neighborhood called for a complete overhaul. In order to best use the space, a new layout was critical for the homeowner as the previous kitchen floorplan was outdated and did not compliment the modern lifestyle. Working with JM Design Build’s interior designers in Broadview Hts, the homeowner was presented with a completely new kitchen design to be tailored specifically to the customer’s needs and features custom cabinets, granite counter tops, and a tile backsplash.
PRODUCTS, SOLUTIONS, AND SELECTIONS
The homeowner’s old kitchen layout was outdated and simply not suited for their current needs. Therefore JM Design Build decided to open up the space and install some modern features including a custom cabinet layout for better use of space, relocating the range and refrigerator, and installing a window for more natural lighting. Collectively, these kitchen updates provide a modern, eclectic look and feel to the home.
Included in this kitchen remodel in Cleveland is a custom cabinet layout displaying fawn colored Kraft Maid cabinets and new stainless steel appliances including a space saver microwave above the stove. The slate tile backsplash and Kashmir Gold granite counter tops create character and a modern look for this contemporary kitchen. To complete the look, new laminate flooring from Home Depot was installed.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Remove all existing cabinets, flooring and appliances
- Update all plumbing and electrical to code to service new area
- Install 4 new ground-faulted outlets, 4 recess lights, and 1 ceiling fixture
- Re-finish walls (mud, sand, tape and prime) ready to paint and texture ceiling
- Install new cabinets to approved layout (oak or maple cabinets; owner to approve color)
- Install new level 3 granite countertops
- Install sink fixture and disposal ($700 allowance)
- Re-install appliances
- Install new space-saver microwave over stove
- Install tile backsplash by sink and stove area
- Prep floor in kitchen
- Install new laminated floating floor (owner to supply flooring)
- Install new trim as needed
- Install hardware on cabinets as needed
- Roll-out shelves, tilt tray, wastebasket in cabinets
KITCHEN REMODELING CONTRACTORS IN SHAKER HEIGHTS OHIO
This Shaker Hts Kitchen remodeling project entailed a complete makeover and turned out absolutely beautiful (ok, we’re a little bias). The homeowners are now enjoying a new custom cabinet layout, granite countertops, stone tile backsplash, new tile floors, a center kitchen island with multi-colored cabinets and granite, and 3 custom windows which were added in for additional lighting.
SHAKER HTS KITCHEN REMODEL – SPECIFICATIONS AND DETAILS
The homeowners moved from Chicago to Shaker Heights and fell in love with their new home; however, the kitchen was outdated and simply did not provide enough space to prepare meals for the married couple and their children. Also, prior to the kitchen renovation, the only window in the kitchen was facing a large tree in the backyard which prevented the parents from being able to watch their children play outside when in the kitchen. Lastly, the house did not have a bathroom on the main level. This meant having to go upstairs to use the restroom and did not accommodate the four-person family. Taking these key requirements into consideration, our design team got to work and came up with a brand new layout which we presented to the homeowners. Needless to say, they loved it!
PRODUCTS, SOLUTIONS, AND SELECTIONS
JM Design Build replaced and expanded the windows above the sink for additional, natural lighting and added three new 12X12 custom windows which allow the couple to watch the children while playing outside. In addition, a wall was removed which opened up enough space in the kitchen to add a much needed 1/2 bathroom between the kitchen and the family room.
The custom cabinet layout our designers presented also provided ample room for a kitchen island in the center of the room. The kitchen island and countertop next to the fridge features Santa Cecelia Regular granite and the remaining tops are Tropic Brown granite. Above the granite lies a luxurious stone tile back-splash with a glass feature strip that contorts with the appliances. JM Design Build provided the homeowners with a custom cabinet layout displaying KraftMaid Belmont maple standard overlay cabinets. The painted cabinets are biscotti and the stained cabinets above the stove, in the left corner, and under the island are chestnut. The trendy two-toned cabinets create a unique modern look. Finally, new ceramic tile floors were installed.
SCOPE OF WORK
The following is a basic outline of the items included in the Shaker Heights kitchen remodeling project:
- Demo existing kitchen and remove all existing cabinets, pantry area and soffits
- Rework electrical and plumbing to service new kitchen including under counter lighting and 8 recessed lights, install light fixture in dining room area (fixture provided by homeowner)
- Install new Kraftmaid/Cardell maple cabinets with standard overlay (owner’s choice of stain), wastebasket, bottom rollouts, crown molding, and base trim according to new layout (as approved by homeowner.
- Install new level 3 granite countertops and tile backsplash
- Install new plumbing fixtures(homeowner to provide appliances, JM to install)
- Rework wall detail as needed to match existing
- Install new, pre-finished hardwood flooring
- Owner to provide appliances
- Install new window
- Relocate ½ bath
- Kitchen and bath to be installed according to new layout provided by owner
KITCHEN REMODELING – BRECKSVILLE, OH 44141
This kitchen in Brecksville, OH was completely remodeled and re-designed for a homeowner in Brecksville, OH. The JMDB team was able to design the kitchen exactly to the customer’s needs, including an angular design to make it a more dynamic area of the house. However, the floor plan is not the only unique part of this kitchen; it contains vaulted ceilings with skylights, making it the perfect place to practice some much needed culinary therapy.
KITCHEN SPECIFICATIONS & DETAILS
The Kitchen is attractive and stunning. The custom designed cabinetry is from Babin Kitchen & Bath’s line of Kraftmaid Cabinetry. The design features elements customized to the homeowners’ beautiful home. This kitchen remodel in Brecksville embodies many design elements that are custom to the existing house. For instance, the cabinetry was designed to fit the unique, angular space evident throughout most of the area. The cabinets are cherry wood KraftMaid with a natural finish.
In particular, the homeowners wanted the kitchen to be appealing and eye-catching. In order to accomplish this, our designers selected cabinetry was with a lighter finish to contrast the dark appliances. Moreover, the tiled flooring and bar height island certainly add to the charm of this kitchen. We feel this design creates a vibrant environment in the kitchen while still being open enough for family gatherings. By adding the island bar the customer is able to conserve space and create more room for entertaining guests. The overlapping heights of the countertops is a very unique feature to this kitchen and creates a more modern/contemporary look. Under the bar is a glass end cap that can be used to display heirlooms and China. This is just one of many homes that have enjoyed our remodeling services in Cleveland.
-Demo’d existing kitchen and removed all existing cabinets, pantry area and soffits
-Reworked all electrical and plumbing to service new kitchen including under-counter lighting, GFI outlets, and recess lights
-Installed new cabinets and trim according to new layout (as approved by homeowner)
-Installed beautiful new granite counter-tops
-Installed new custom kitchen island with matching cabinetry and granite counter-tops
-Installed pendant lighting over the kitchen island
-Installed new plumbing fixtures and appliances
-Reworked wall detail as needed to match existing
-Installed new custom tile flooring in kitchen area
-Installed new hardwood flooring throughout remaining living area