45 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN BASEMENT REMODELING!
Basement Remodeling and Finishing
Basement remodeling and finishing are typically our favorite projects to take on. They are fun and tend to be far less invasive compared to other remodeling projects (kitchen remodeling, for instance). A finished basement also adds value to the home and are a great way to have more livable space. Throw in a basement bar and/or bathroom and suddenly you have the perfect place to entertain friends and family as well as the perfect get-a-way. If you are in the Greater Cleveland area and are considering remodeling or finishing your basement, we encourage you to contact us and set up a complementary, in-home design consultation. Not ready, feel free to read on below or check out our portfolio. We’ll be here if/when you decide to move forward.
“…Hiring JM Design Build to complete my basement is one of the best decisions I have made. THANK YOU!!!!!”
– Steve, homeowner in Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221
JM Design Build has finished and remodeled hundreds of basements in Cleveland and it’s surrounding areas. Whether it’s a partially finished basement that needs to be reworked, a finished basement that needs gutted and renovated, or a completely unfinished space, we’ve seen it all. While every project is different, our most popular basement remodeling projects typically include one or more of the following:
- New Floor Plan / Design
- Product Selection Assistance
- Basement Bars and Kitchenette
- Basement Bathrooms Half Baths
- Exercise and Fitness Areas
- Custom Built Entertainment Centers (including audio-visual enhancements)
- Man Caves
- Gun Rooms
- Custom Staircases
- Unfinished Storage Areas
- Finished Closet Space
- Flooring Around Basement Bar or Bathroom Areas (Tile, Slate, Vinyl, etc.)
- Plumbing Electrical Updates
- HVAC and Venting Upgrades
- Drywall Ceiling
- Recessed Can Lighting Fixtures
- Custom Wrapped Beams and Soffits
Basement Remodeling Design Process
Our basement finishing process begins with a free design consultation. During the initial meeting, our design and remodeling experts take a look at the existing space and talk with you to better understand your individual needs and style. Then, depending on the scope of work, we will walk you through various solutions and options (e.g. new floor plan ideas, applicable products, practicality, etc…) that will ultimately be used to provide you with an estimate.
Once the project scope and estimate have been presented to you, you have the opportunity to (and are encouraged to) ask questions and to take as much time as you feel necessary to make your decision.
If you do choose to work with JM Design Build, this is when the fun starts. At this point (again, depending on the nature of the basement remodeling project), you are now open to our entire network of hand-picked suppliers to shop around products and selections, entitled to multiple design revisions, and have the opportunity to have our designers assist you with each and every decision you need to make. Basement finishing can become overwhelming if you choose the wrong contractor–we’re here to simplify things.
Once the major design decisions have been made and product is on order, we will get to work on the actual remodeling process. Typically our basement finishing sequence resembles the following:
- Framing soffits according to approved layout
- Rough mechanicals (any electrical, plumbing, and/or HVAC updates to service the new layout)
- Bath tub / shower unit installation
- Drywall hanging and finishing including ceilings/texturing
- Prime walls and ceilings
- Sub-floor installation
- Custom built-ins, basement bars, entertainment centers, etc.
- Custom staircases
- Finish carpentry and trim work
- Painting and staining
- Installation of finish plumbing fixtures and electrical
- Installation of any accessories
- Final punch list and project closeout
If you’re ready to get started on your basement finishing project, we’d love the opportunity to work with you. Contact us today and see why thousands of homeowners continue to choose JM Design Build for their home remodeling projects!