KITCHEN REMODELING CONTRACTORS IN SHAKER HEIGHTS OHIO
This Shaker Hts Kitchen remodeling project entailed a complete makeover and turned out absolutely beautiful (ok, we’re a little bias). The homeowners are now enjoying a new custom cabinet layout, granite countertops, stone tile backsplash, new tile floors, a center kitchen island with multi-colored cabinets and granite, and 3 custom windows which were added in for additional lighting.
SHAKER HTS KITCHEN REMODEL – SPECIFICATIONS AND DETAILS
The homeowners moved from Chicago to Shaker Heights and fell in love with their new home; however, the kitchen was outdated and simply did not provide enough space to prepare meals for the married couple and their children. Also, prior to the kitchen renovation the only window in the kitchen was facing a large tree in the backyard which prevented the parents from being able to watch their children play outside when in the kitchen. Lastly, the house did not have a bathroom on the main level. This meant having to go upstairs to use the restroom and did not accommodate the four person family. Taking these key requirements into consideration, our design team got to work and came up with a brand new layout which we presented to the homeowners. Needless to say they loved it!
PRODUCTS, SOLUTIONS, AND SELECTIONS
JM Design Build replaced and expanded the windows above the sink for additional, natural lighting and added three new 12X12 custom windows which allow the couple to watch the children while playing outside. In addition, a wall was removed which opened up enough space in the kitchen to add a much needed 1/2 bathroom between the kitchen and the family room.
The custom cabinet layout our designers presented also provided ample room for a kitchen island in the center of the room. The kitchen island and counter top next to the fridge features Santa Cecelia Regular granite and the remaining tops are Tropic Brown granite. Above the granite lies a luxurious stone tile back-splash with a glass feature strip that contorts with the appliances. JM Design Build provided the homeowners with a custom cabinet layout displaying KraftMaid Belmont maple standard overlay cabinets. The painted cabinets are biscotti and the stained cabinets above the stove, in the left corner, and under the island are chestnut. The trendy two toned cabinets create a unique modern look. Finally new ceramic tile floors were installed.
SCOPE OF WORK
The following is a basic outline of the items included in the Shaker Heights kitchen remodeling project:
- Demo existing kitchen and remove all existing cabinets, pantry area and soffits
- Rework electrical and plumbing to service new kitchen including under counter lighting and 8 recessed lights, install light fixture in dining room area (fixture provided by homeowner)
- Install new Kraftmaid/Cardell maple cabinets with standard overlay (owner’s choice of stain), waste basket, bottom rollouts, crown molding, and base trim according to new layout (as approved by homeowner.
- Install new level 3 granite countertops and tile backsplash
- Install new plumbing fixtures(homeowner to provide appliances, JM to install)
- Rework wall detail as needed to match existing
- Install new, pre-finished hardwood flooring
- Owner to provide appliances
- Install new window
- Relocate ½ bath
- Kitchen and bath to be installed according to new layout provided by owner
GENERAL CONTRACTORS CLEVELAND OHIO
Interested in learning more about our services? Contact us today to set up a free, 30-min design consultation. We will provide practical, reliable ideas and a project scope/estimate for your project.