Kitchen Remodeling Broadview Heights, OH 44147 – Home Remodeling Cleveland
Today we are excited to share with you a recently completed kitchen remodel in Broadview Hts. As you can tell from the before and after photos above, although the overall kitchen design didn’t change drastically, it was indeed improved upon significantly. For instance, the extended and newly shaped kitchen island now provides additional room for seating, cherry wood cabinets in a chocolate stain, and rollout drawers with dividers for storing knives and other various cutlery utensils.
Additionally, the new granite countertop and maple wood cabinetry with a canvas paint color not only gives the kitchen a beautiful two-toned cabinetry look, but now extend all the way to edge of the wall–picking up a significant amount of counter space and extra cabinet storage. Finally, the pendant lighting above the kitchen island, the vent hood above the cooking range, and the tile backsplash all work together beautifully and add a distinct new kitchen design to the Broadview Heights home.
If you’re interested in learning the step by process of this Broadview Hts Kitchen Design and Remodel, we have outlined the project for you below. However, if you’d simply like to learn more about our Cleveland remodeling services or to set up your complementary design consultation, contact us here.
Kitchen Designs and Remodeling Broadview Hts – Scope of Work
KITCHEN ELECTRICAL WORK
The first step to this Cleveland area kitchen makeover was to demo the existing electric that was to be updated per the new kitchen design that was accepted by the customer. Our demo team and electrical contractors were responsible for completing the following tasks:
- REMOVE RECESSED LIGHTS IN SOFFIT
- RE-LOCATE CIRCUIT AND RECEPTACLE FOR NEW MICROWAVE LOCATION
- RUN NEW CIRCUIT FOR NEW DOUBLE OVEN
- MOVE RECEPTACLE FOR REFRIGERATOR
- MOVE COUNTER RECEPTACLE AT EXISTING DESK AREA
- RE-INSTALL RECEPTACLE IN ISLAND
- INSTALL SWITCH AND RECEPTACLE FOR UNDER CABINET LIGHTING (KITCHEN CABINETS)
- INSTALL UNDER CABINET LIGHTS
- INSTALL SWITCH AND RECEPTACLE FOR UNDER CABINET AND INTERIOR CABINET LIGHTS (HUTCH AREA)
- INSTALL UNDER AND INTERIOR CABINET LIGHTS
- INSTALL THREE FIXTURE BOXES ABOVE ISLAND USING EXISTING 3 WAY SWITCH
- INSTALL LIGHT FIXTURES ABOVE ISLAND (LIGHTS SUPPLIED BY CUSTOMER)
- INSTALL TWO 4” RECESSED LIGHTS ABOVE SINK USING EXISTING SWITCH
- RUN NEW CIRCUIT AND INSTALL SEVEN 6” RECESSED LIGHTS ON NEW SINGLE POLE SWITCH IN KITCHEN AREA
- RUN ELECTRICAL FEED FOR NEW VENT HOOD
Once the electrical work was completed, we were able to schedule our kitchen plumbing team to be at the kitchen remodel project to begin working on their portion of the makeover.
- RELOCATE GAS LINE TO ACCOMMODATE COOK TOP AND DRAWERS BELOW COOK TOP
- INSTALL NEW SHUT-OFF VALVES SUPPLY LINES AND DRAIN LINES FOR KITCHEN SINK, FAUCET, DISPOSAL, DISHWASHER AND POWDER ROOM VANITY
- INSTALL FAUCET, DISPOSAL, DISHWASHER
- INSTALL POWDER ROOM VANITY FAUCET AND DRAIN
- R & R POWDER ROOM TOILET
There was very minimal heating, ventilation, and air conditioning work that needed to be completed per the new kitchen design in Broadview Hts.
- INSTALL DUCTING TO OUTSIDE WALL WITH WALL CAP
Once the mechanicals were complete, we were able to send our drywallers to the work site to complete the necessary repairs that resulted from the electrical, plumbing, and HVAC improvements and updates. The necessary drywall work was as follows:
- PATCH, REPAIR OR REPLACE WALL BOARD ON WALLS AND CEILING AFFECTED BY DEMOLITION AND ELECTRICAL WORK
- TAPE, FINISH AND SAND ALL NEW DRYWALL WORK
- TEXTURE CEILING TO MATCH AS CLOSE AS POSSIBLE
- PRIMER NEW DRYWALL WORK
As a caveat, the drywall is typically the messiest and most cumbersome part of a kitchen remodel project. It’s dusty, it takes a while, and it doesn’t seem like much gets done. But, we made it through and kept the customer as happy as can be. Now it was time for the fun stuff. By the time the drywall work was complete, we had the new, two-tone kitchen cabinets at the kitchen remodel residence. As you can see from the pictures, the new layout created by our kitchen designers in Cleveland features very sharp, practical, and distinct new kitchen cabinetry. All we needed to do is install the cabinets as defined by the new kitchen layout:
- INSTALL CABINETRY ACCORDING TO FLOOR PLAN
- INSTALL CABINET ACCESSORIES, PANELS, TRIM MOLDINGS AND HARDWARE
- RE-INSTALL BASE MOLDING
- INSTALL POWDER ROOM VANITY CABINET
Once the cabinets were in, we were able to coordinate the new granite countertop installation perfectly so we didn’t have any downtime. We like to emphasize this coordination during our kitchen remodel process because we like to get our customer’s new kitchens back up and running as quickly as possible. So, now that the cabinets and countertops were installed, we could begin installing the tile backsplash. The customer’s selected a great tile that really brings all the other kitchen elements together!
- INSTALL AND GROUT 3X6 SUBWAY TILE AND PATTERN
The last step to this kitchen remodeling in Cleveland project was to hook up the appliances. The customer now had a gorgeous, fully functional new kitchen design!
- INSTALL RANGE TOP, DOUBLE OVEN, MICROWAVE, REFRIGERATOR AND VENT HOOD (CONNECT TO DUCTING)
Kitchen Designers Cleveland – New Generation Kitchen Remodel Contractors
JM Design Build is a new-generation general contractor in Cleveland. We pride ourselves on providing local homeowners with personalized, practical, and breath-taking kitchen designs and remodeling solutions. Please let us know how we can help you!