Unattached Garage Addition Brecksville OH 44141 – General Contractors Cleveland
This is a really cool project recently completed by JM Design Build in Cleveland, OH. The project consists of an unattached 2 car Garage Addition to a home in Brecksville, OH custom designed to match the look and feel of the existing home precisely.
Garage Addition Ideas – Solutions and Selections
The homeowners of this new addition in Brecksville are a young couple whom decided to choose JM Design Build for their garage addition project because they are familiar with our work. In fact, just a few years ago we designed and were contracted to build a master bedroom addition onto their home. Our remodeling design consultants met with the homeowners to discuss their needs and ideas during an initial consultation and it was evident that the couple simply did not have enough storage space and, as a result, used their existing garage to store things instead of for parking their cars.
After the consultation our designers got to work and designed a very cool concept. To save on costs, we recommended that they go with an unattached garage that we could excavate for off to the side of their existing driveway. Then, we recommended that they try to keep a similar look and feel to the actual house. And, as you can see, not only does the siding and roofing material match the existing house, but the roof pitch and gables also match exactly.
The final product came out great. It is essentially put together just like a regular home addition in terms of the foundation, framing, insulation, windows, drywall, etc. Some of the cool selections featured on this garage addition in Brecksville include the Cultured Stone on the exterior, the 28×36 Double Hung White Simonton Windows and the 16’x8′ Anderson Garage Door.
Build Unattached Garage Cleveland – Scope Of Work
- Provide all necessary drawings, permits, and inspections from the City of Brecksville Building Department
- Demo and remove existing garage
- Excavate site in existing location per drawing
- Form and pour footers per drawing to code
- Install block foundation and drain tile and one exterior drain in rear walkway
- Frame garage and side entrance per drawing to code
- Install 3 vinyl double hung windows in garage
- Install 2 steel entrance doors, one in garage and one for side entrance, use existing door in shed
- Install one aluminum panel 16’ garage door and opener
- Install shingles on roof to match existing (including shed)
- Install vinyl siding and trim on new garage, shed, and side entrance
- Install electrical outlets and switches to code, and overhead lights. Service to garage underground.
- Re-work side entrance stairs and opening, finish complete (drywall and trim)
- Pour new apron in front of garage to tie into existing driveway
- Pour new walkway and stairs from rear of garage to side entrance
- Re-work and pour driveway for new garage
- Remove all garbage and debris
- 5 year guarantee on all labor, factory warrantee on materials
Garage Additions Cleveland Area – Design Build Contractors
JM Design Build is a general contractor located in Broadview Heights, OH and provides a variety of residential design and build services to the Greater Cleveland Area. Our design consultants and interior designers work with our customers to come up with concepts that they can truly identify with. Contact us today for your free 30-min consultation to see if we are a good fit for your next project.