Custom Basement Bar Independence, OH – Basement Bar Ideas Cleveland
Today we bring you a completely customized basement bar in Independence. This bar is truly one of a kind and we were very excited to be selected as the contractor for completing it. The homeowner was a busy man, so he actually hired a friend of his and her fiance to manage the entire project for him. They were in charge of everything from interviewing various general contractors and interior designers in Cleveland to balancing the budget and everything in between.
Basement Bar Ideas, Products, and Solutions
The homeowner had a pretty good idea of what the final product was to look like (it was inspired by his favorite movie), however it still needed to be tweaked to fit the allotted space in the basement and also to stay within budget. Thus, the couple he hired had a difficult time finding the right basement bar contractor for the job. In fact, they were not able to find one contractor other than JM Design Build capable of producing a workable concept within a reasonable budget–just sayin’.
Also, we would just like to point out that this is actually the second bar in the homeowner’s basement–did we mention it is almost 20 feet long? Entertaining friends, family, and business associates was a very important part of his life and therefore invested heavily in ensuring his ability to provide a unique experience. Everything was custom built and stained, a majority of the material coming from Summit Millwork in Cuyahoga Falls, including the slots on the bar front and the soffit made specifically for the vibrant and illuminated onyx panels by Lumonyx.
This ‘super swanky‘ look was traditionally found only in casinos and nightclubs, but lately it seems it is becoming more and more popular in residential installs as its application becomes more and more widespread. In fact, in addition to bars, we have installed these onyx panels on stair risers, countertops, and much more. Caveat–if you are interested in this product be prepared to reach for your wallet, and please be sure you have a highly skilled contractor ready to install it. These panels are extremely expensive and provide no room for error when installing. However, the bold look they bring is hard to put a price on.
Custom Bar and Basement Finishing Independence – Scope of Work
While nearly everything here had to be custom built, there was a general process we used to complete the project which we have outlined for you below:
- Remove existing carpeting, ceiling tiles in new bar area, and demo existing closet
- Cut up floor to access plumbing
- Install rough plumbing
- Install rough plumbing per drawing to service new bar area
- Frame for television inlay on left side wall of bar (tv specs provided by homeowner)
- Install electrical to service new bar area, including 5 GFCI outlets, LEF lighting behind lumonyx panels, and 3 fixtures above bar (fixtures provided by homeowner, option to install 3 lumonyx panels suspended from ceiling at no extra charge)
- Install cable line and outlet for television
- Install up to 8 recess cans in ceiling where tiles were removed
- Construct and install custom made bar cabinets per drawing, provide access to water main in corner cabinet
- Install hardware on cabinets (provided by homeowner)
- Install lumonyx panels on front of bar (provided by homeowner)
- Homeowner responsible for glass shelving installation
- Home owner responsible for granite/countertop installation
- Install sink, fixtures, and appliances (provided by homeowner)
- Construct l shaped bench in far corner of basement, homeowner responsible for cushion
- Install hardwood floor in new bar area, approx 650 sq ft (flooring provided bt homeowner)
- Fur down ceiling and install drywall in new bar area
- Tape, mud, and sand drywall
- Paint walls one color and trim of new bar area in basement
- Stain and poly custom built cabinets of bar and bench one color
- Remove all garbage, rubbish and debris
Basement Bar Designer Cleveland – JM Design Build
JM Design Build is a nationally recognized general contractor in Cleveland and thoroughly enjoys designing and installing basement bars and wet bars of all shapes, sizes, and prices. If you’re interested in learning more about our services or have a cool project in mind we encourage you to take advantage of a free, 30-minute consultation with one of our interior designers or remodeling experts.