Covered Deck in Olmsted Falls, OH 44138
This is a really cool covered deck in Olmsted Falls, OH recently completed by the guys over here at JM Design Build. We had the pleasure of finishing the basement for these homeowners a few months prior, so we were flattered they wanted us back for another project.
In addition to being able to take their enjoyment with family and friends to another level this summer, the BIG need that was discovered during our initial consultation was that the summer sun would heat up the kitchen and family room area to uncomfortably high temperatures due to their not being anything to block the sun in the backyard. So, short of planting trees, waiting, and ultimately taking away the view of the backyard, this was going to be their best remedy for the situation while also adding additional functionality to the home.
Olmsted Falls Covered Deck – Products, Selections, and Solutions
Our team of residential deck designers in Cleveland drew up this deck design and presented it to the homeowners. The covered deck design we came up with includes a 16′ x 18′ porch and features a 3-sided hip roof with a vaulted ceiling. The actual decking used here is called TimberTech XLM Grooved in the color RiverRock. XLM is a premium, PVC decking plank and was engineered for maximum scratch, mildew and stain resistance without sacrificing a luxurious appearance.
A few other cool features of this covered deck in Cleveland is the 4 recessed can lights, outdoor ceiling fan, v-groove cedar wood on the ceiling, and posts which are wrapped in an engineered material for maximum durability. Our personal favorite touch, however, is the black metal railing system used around the perimeter of the deck. This was suggested in opposition of the standard white rail systems used on many decks.
Covered Deck Contractors Olmsted Falls – Scope of Work
The following is a basic outline of the process used in building this covered porch:
- Provided all necessary prints, permits, and inspections from the City of Olmsted Falls Building Department
- Demo’d and removed all existing decking and rails
- Dug post holes and secured foundation to accommodate approx. 16′ x 18′ deck (squared off)
- Framed for approx. 5′ set of stairs
- Framed for a 3-sided hip roof to match existing roof pitch
- Installed ice and water shield against home and new edges and valley’s
- Installed new, 30-year dimensional shingles on new covered porch area
- Installed ridge vent and flashing on covered deck roof
- Installed new siding, downspouts and gutters to match existing home
- Installed 4 recess lights, 1 fan openings and 2 switches to code
- Installed v-groove wood on ceiling and trim
- Installed composite material for decking and stairs
- Installed metal railings/spindles
Covered Deck Designers Cleveland – Contractors Olmsted Falls
JM Design Build is known for its sharp, practical deck designs and competitive estimates. Our managers are very accessible, competent, and eager to see your project come to life. Contact us today for a complementary 30-min design consultation with one of our remodeling consultants.