Bathroom Remodeling Parma
This is a complete bathroom remodel in Parma OH. This bathroom remodeling project included custom tile installation, converting a tub into a standing shower, drywall patching, painting, and more.
Bathroom Remodeling Parma OH 44134 – General Contractors Cleveland
When it comes to smaller home remodeling projects, we at JM Design Build take just as much pride in–and enjoy them just as much–as larger scale home renovations. Therefore, today we are very excited to present you with the latest addition to our 2013 portfolio of completed projects: a small yet very cool bathroom remodel in Parma, Ohio. Completed in less than two weeks, this small bathroom makeover went from old and ugly to fresh and functional. The customer, a really great lady, initially contacted JM Design Build (along with 3 other bathroom remodelers in Cleveland) to set up a consultation with our interior designers so she could learn more about our services as well as to get an estimate on completing the work. Sadly, remodeling the upstairs bathroom was the next project on her husband’s to-do list before passing away recently. Because her husband had always taken care of things around the house, she did not have a local general contractor that she was familiar–let alone comfortable–with and was very skeptical of hiring strangers to come work on her house.
Now, we have to admit: we DID NOT have the lowest bid for her bathroom remodel. In fact, out of the 4 other estimates she received JM Design Build came in at the 2nd highest. However, we also went to great lengths to make sure she was 100% comfortable with us working on her home. This included several follow-up calls and emails, reference lists, and even a visit to our office to meet the team. We were honored to earn her business and we’re excited about how the project turned out.
While it wasn’t a huge master bath remodel or some other large remodeling project, there was still quite a bit of work to do. Small bathroom remodeling can be tricky because while there is a lot of work to be done, it is difficult to have more than 1 contractor working in it at a time. Therefore the process needs to be nailed down so the general contractor can align the right trades and otherwise get in-and-out so you can get back to “business as usual”. For those interested, we have listed the fundamental scope of work this particular bathroom remodel in Parma below. However, for those simply wishing to learn more about JM Design Build or to schedule your complementary consultation, please click here. Enjoy!
- Remove existing bathroom fixtures (vanity, toilet, mirror, tub, etc)
- Remove existing flooring
- Remove wall tiles around perimeter
- Remove wallpaper
- Haul away all trash and debris (vanity and toilet to be saved for future use)
- Patch drywall as needed from demolition
- Finish drywall patching to blend into existing walls
- If drywall repair is needed in shower enclosure, mold resistant (greenboard) drywall will be installed
- Remove two existing wall sconce connections
- Rework electrical for vanity light (above mirror)
- Install vent fan/light combination and separate switch
- Install (1) GFCI outlet near vanity
- Set new white shower pan
- Rework shower drain to accommodate new shower pan
- Install new rough-in shower valve
- Inspect all shut-off valves and existing plumbing connections and repair if necessary
- Install cement board on bathroom floor and shower walls
- Install 12″ x 12″ tile on bathroom floor; straight lay standard installation
- Install 12″x12″ tile on shower walls to match floor
- Install 4″ feature strip approximately 52″ from floor in shower walls
- TIle samples to be provided to homeowner for selection
- Grout tile joints
- Install new white pedestal sink
- Install new chrome vanity faucet
- Install chrome shower head
- Install new white toilet, standard height, round bowl
- Install chrome vanity light
- Install medicine cabinet with mirror
- Replace any base molding as necessary
- Paint walls (1 color)
- Paint trim (white)
- Paint ceiling (white)
- Install towel bar in shower
Bathroom Remodelers Cleveland – General Contractors Northeast Ohio
JM Design Build is a 3rd-generation general contractor in Cleveland. We provide practical, professional, and timeless interior design and remodeling services to our customers in Northeast OH. Please contact us today to learn more or to schedule a consultation with one of our designers!