Cleveland area general contractors recently helped one Broadview Heights family turn their cluttered basement into fully functional living area.
Like many homeowners in Brecksville – Broadview Heights, this family needed more living space, and decided the basement would be a great place to find it. After talking with a few home remodeling firms, they were still having trouble envisioning the ideas that the contractors were suggesting, so they called us here at JM Design Build a free design consultation. With the help of our design team, we were not only able to explain to them how to maximize the usable space of the basement, but actually provided professional drawings to show exactly how we could transform the entire floor into a fully functional household area.
As it turned out, the homeowners had a lot more room than they had realized. For instance, in addition to freeing up more than 120 square feet of storage space, this Broadview Heights basement remodel includes a home theater room (pre-wired for a projector and surround sound), a downstairs office with a feature glass door, an exercise room, and a full basement bathroom which is complete with tile floor and a glass shower. What’s more, our professional craftsmen cut back one side of the wall coming down the stairs in order to open up the layout and eliminate the “tunnel” feeling of the steps.
Here is what the homeowner told Service Magic about his newly finished basement:
The people at JM are very easy to work with and are great with communication. I would highly recommend them to work on your home!! – David G, Broadview Heights Homeowner
The specific functions that JM Design Build performed for this basement remodel were as follows:
1. Provided professional drawings, necessary permits and inspections
2. Built storage shelving in new storage area and coordinated relocation of existing basement items with the homeowner
3. Framed walls and soffit according to the layout specified in the design
4. Opened up the wall coming from downstairs on one side approximately 3ft back and installed and painted new railing
5. Re-located floor drains and installed rough plumbing for basement bathroom
6. Installed electrical outlets to code
7. Installed 12 recessed cans in main room and basement office as well as a globe at the bottom of the stairs, two porcelain fixtures in the main storage area, one porcelain fixture in the other storage area, and a vanity light in the bathroom
8. Insulated all perimeter walls and the ceiling near the home theater room
9. Re-located all mechanicals running below the floor joists in finished basement areas
10. Installed drywall on all finished areas, walls and ceilings
11. Provided tape, mud, sand, and prime for the walls
12. Installed doors as specified in drawing, including 4′ glass double door at basement office entrance
13. Installed base trim and casing on all finished areas
14. Installed finished plumbing fixtures in basement bathroom, including shower, toilet, 36″ vanity, sink, faucet, mirror, vanity light, and towel racks
15. Installed tile floor in the bathroom
16. Painted walls and trim
17. Removed all garbage and debris
As always, JM Design Build stands by our Cleveland Area Basement Remodeling projects with a 5 year guarantee.
Need ideas for your basement remodeling project? Contact us today for your FREE design consultation!