JM Design Build is a contractor in Cleveland with all the tools necessary to makeover your basement into the stress free environment you’ve always wanted. Our team can make your basement over, whether it is from a previously started job or from scratch in a timely and cost efficient manner. The design shown below was recently developed for a Richfield OH Basement finishing project. Check it out and share your thoughts!
Basement Design Overview
The customer that this particular design was made for wanted nothing more than an open, livable basement layout where they are free to entertain friends while also being able to use everyday–and that is exactly what our design team delivered. What’s more, our team is able to bring this design to life precisely as intended.
The current homeowners had a specific list of needs they wanted to satisfy with their basement remodel, and the JM interior design team was able to take all of these needs into account to present them with the basement of their dreams. The design cleverly lays out an entertainment area, games area, and basement bar.
Basement Design Elements & Style
The layout used was deigned to use the maximum amount of existing space while staying within the customer’s budget. The new addition to the home adds significant value, while catering to the specific needs and goals of the current owner. This basement opens up into the backyard, which makes it great for entertaining guests and allows plenty of space for people to move around.
The area that was once an empty, unused space becomes an entertainment area with plenty of games and activities for everyone. The bar is located near the bay window, which becomes a great area for the homeowners to kick back and relax. This example is just one of many Cleveland basement remodeling designs we’ve developed.
This basement uses KraftMaid cabinetry to give it a clean look. There is a built-in wine cooler in the bar area for an aesthetically pleasing look while still proving function. The vinyl in the main area is matched with DuPont Corian countertops.
- Frame approximately 40×45 ft. area as well as separate area for bath, bar, and storage
- Use 2×4 construction with treated floor plate for walls
- Install R-13 insulation on all perimeter walls
- Install all electrical to service new area to code including 12 recess lights, 2 cables, exhaust fan in bath area, and new switches and outlets (including storage area)
- Install plumbing for new bathroom and bar sink to code
- Extend air supplies to bath
- Drywall all walls and ceilings and install moisture control drywall in bathroom
- Mud, sand, tape and paint all drywall with one coat (owner’s choice)
- Install standard new trim and doors as needed and open staircase with rail detail
- Install cabinets and tops according to approved layout as well as new hardware in bar and bathroom area
- Install tile in bar and bath areas
Basement Finishing in Cleveland, Ohio
JM can refinish your basement with out breaking the bank. Please feel free to Contact Us today for a free design consultation.