JM Design Build, one of the premier general contractors in Cleveland, recently finished a basement in Olmsted Falls, Ohio. The Basement includes a half bath, full bar, entertainment area, playroom, and more. The design below shows what was developed for the Olmsted Falls Basement finishing project. Don’t be afraid to tell us what you think about it on this blog!
Basement Finishing & Design Overview
The homeowners were looking to utilize their space and entertain friends and family, so the JM Design Build team decided to deliver. The team was able to bring the idea to life by working closely with the homeowners on their planned requirements.
Basement Specifications & Details
The Basement Finishing project took about 6 weeks and improved the house dramatically. It’s amazing how a large, unused area can be transformed to one of the shining spots of your home, while also staying within your budget.
As you can see the pictured elements from the basement above, the bar features finely crafted countertops from Counter Concepts. These top quality countertops were built exactly to the customer’s expectations.
Also featured are quality wood hand railings and spindles, completed by our team and supplied by the Home Depot. Lastly, a new ½ bathroom, installed with ceramic tiling, drywall, a handsome mirror, a cabinet, and you can’t forget, the toilet a la mode.
- Framed approximately 31’ X 34’ area
- Framed for unfinished area around furnace/hot water tank and sump
- Framed for new ½ bath
- Framed for storage areas underneath stairway and closet in front of stairs
- Built soffits around beams, poles and mechanicals/HVAC
- Installed R-13 insulation on all perimeter walls
- Installed and updated all electrical to service new area to code including 14 recess lights, new switches and outlets
- Dry walled all walls and ceilings in ½ bath and all finished areas
- Mudded, sanded, taped, primed and painted all drywall with one coat (owner’s choice)
- Updated plumbing and electric to service new bathroom to code
- Installed all new fixtures in ½ bath including toilet, sink, mirror, etc.
- Installed ceramic tile on bathroom floor
- Installed new doors to access bath, sump, and furnace; installed bi-fold door into closet area
- Installed standard trim as needed
- Installed handrail and spindles on stairway
Basement Finishing in Cleveland, Ohio
JM Can refinish your basement and stay within your budget. Contact Us today for a free design consultation.